When God calls you to go backwards, what do you do next?
1. Pray- Lots and lots of prayer. Continue to seek God in all things.
2. Find Scripture- For us when we realized God was calling us to step back into college life we held on to this scripture: Psalm 128:1 "Blessed are all who fear the Lord, who walk in obedience to him." Blessing follows our obedience to Him.
3. Seek council- Find some people you trust to hash out some of the details with. Ask them to pray with you, to help you figure out the next possible step.
4. Trust God- Even if the ducks aren't laid out in front of you, even if you don't see the future before your eyes. God does. He has it all in the palm of His hand. He may reveal only one step at a time, but none of it is a surprise to Him.
5. Jump- There comes a time when you know exactly the next step that needs taken, you have no more words to pray, all you need to do is just jump. God will catch you.
May God guide you as you follow after Him, even if it means going backwards. It will be scary, but God is in control of it.